Trader Joe’s 21 Healthiest Options for a Quick Meal
When limited on time, it is all too easy to grab fast food or resort to eating junk food. Since almost everyone has a local Trader Joe‘s, I did some research on their healthiest options for quick meals. With everything on this list you will have a great tasting and weight loss friendly meal with in ten minutes!
1. Yellow Jackfruit Curry with Jasmine Rice. Jackfruit is a fabulous fruit that when cooked tastes similar to slow cooked or pulled meat. This meal has lot of great spice and flavor and it is totally vegan!
2. Chicken Burrito Bowl. All the flavors you know and love, and is made with chicken and great-for-you ingredients brown rice, black beans, quinoa, corn, and some chipotle seasoning.
3. Lentil Soup with Ancient Grains. 9 grams of protein and plenty of fiber! This premade soup is a great option because it is made with simple, whole ingredients like lentils, diced carrots, quinoa, and flaxseeds.
4. Organic Hearty Minestrone Soup. A warm soup that is perfect for colder months. One serving gives you some fiber and protein, while staying low in sugar.
5. Meatless Meatballs. While this is not a complete meal on its own, it is easy to pair with zucchini noodles and premade marinara sauce for a quick and delicious lunch or dinner!
6. Kale and Edamame Salad. This salad combines edamame—a great source of vegetarian protein—with kale, dried cranberries, grape tomatoes, almonds, and green onions. Vegetarian and rich in protein and fiber.
7. Superfood Pilaf. Super food ready in no time! Simple and fantastic with some soy sauce.
8. Channa Masala. Great on its own or over cauliflower rice. Since each serving is relatively small, you may also want to toss in some fresh spinach or kale to feel more like a full meal.
9. Ricotta and Spinach Tortellini with Red Pesto. This will curb your desire for pasta, it is filled with protein-rich ingredients like ricotta and nutty pesto and, it reheats well, unlike some other frozen pastas that get a little bit soggy.
10. Salad Palette Turkey Harvest. All the salads at Trader Joe’s are good options with easy to read nutrition labels, but this one has the taste of Thanksgiving that makes it a big hit! Filled with roasted sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, spinach, kale, turkey, and more, it has protein and fiber to spare.
11. Riced Cauliflower Stir-Fry. This healthy, low calorie stir-fry is great for a meal or side dish, especially when served with a side of protein like grilled chicken, steak, or tofu. And if you’re really in a rush, pair it with a premade protein source like shredded rotisserie chicken.
12. Bean and Rice Organic Vegetable Burritos. Two burritos made with organic beans and rice wrapped in whole-wheat tortillas net you 26 grams of vegetarian protein, seven grams of fiber, and two grams of fat.
13. Simply Seasoned Tuna Burgers. Excellent source of lean protein, and only 150 calories per patty. Use an English muffin and hummus instead of hamburger bun and mayo, to add more nutrients and fewer calories.
14. Roasted Vegetable Multigrain Lasagna. Great to make and have leftovers, or serve to family. You'll get a decent 12 grams of vegetarian protein—at under 400 milligrams of sodium.
15. Trader Ming’s Shitake Mushroom Chicken. With big chunks of dark meat chicken, whole shiitake mushroom caps, green beans, edamame, and an umami-rich ginger-soy sauce, this dish is ultra-satisfying. Add it to brown rice or cauliflower rice.
16. Unsweetened Instant Oat Meal. Save the on calories by buying the unsweetened, but give it some flavor by adding fruit, stevia, or sugar free maple syrup.
17. Unsweetened Organic Acai Puree Packets. Great with nonfat Greek yogurt or coconut milk yogurt. It’s hard to find an acai smoothie or bowl that isn’t packed with sugar, so this is a great find!
18. Seafood Paella. This meal is 32 percent seafood. The rest is made up of rice and spices, creating a tasty meal that’s low in calories and high in protein.
19. Grilled Jerk Chicken Thigh Skewers with Mango Chutney. Besides the taste of black pepper, chili, peaches, and oranges, the package comes with a mango chutney that you can drizzle on top. If one serving doesn’t fill you up, you can complement all these tangy flavors with a healthy, satiating side like organic brown rice.
20. Organic Mixed Berry Blend. With a mixed blend like this one, you can go home with a variety of berries for less than four dollars. They’re organic, pesticide-free, and the perfect addition to oatmeal, smoothies, or yogurt.
21. Organic Kabocha Squash. Head to the frozen section for a bag of kabocha, which has 90 percent of your daily dose of Vitamin A. You can reap all the benefits that come from this vitamin — bone strength, tissue growth and repair — without putting in any effort.